What information is needed to apply?
We collect the following information about the requester:
|Name||Your full name.|
|Title||Your title within the requesting organization.|
|Internet ID||Your UMN email.|
We collect the following information about your event:
|Event Name||The event name, shown on flyers, etc.|
|Event Date||The date of the event. Must be 45 days from filling of the form.|
|Event Location||Full address/location details for the event.|
|Amount Requested||The amount your group is requesting from the Huntington Bank Sponsorship program. Maximum $500 for Student Groups, $1000 for University Departments.|
|Event Overview/History||A description of the event's purpose and general timeframe. Include relevant notes or additional information.|
|Event Budget (URL)||Upload a completed budget worksheet with event expenses to Google Drive and set access to "Anyone with the Link" - "Can View." A sample template is available in Google Sheets.|
|Additional Funding Support||Note if your event is collecting additional funding. Examples include: ticket sales, internal funds, University organization/external company funds, fund raising, etc.|
Group Contact Information
We will collect the following information about your group:
|Group Type||Whether your group is a University Department or a Registered Student Group|
|Group Name||The name of your group (departments will enter "Regents of the University of Minnesota").|
|Department Name||(Departments only) the formal name of your department or program.|
|Group Tax ID||The EIN of your group. Departments will be provided with instructions within the form.|
|Phone Number||The best contact number to reach your group/representative at.|
|Email Address||The best email to reach your group/contact at. This email will receive application updates and inquiries.|
|Send Funding||The preferred method of funds being sent (Check or EFS String)|
|EFS Information||(When applicable) the EFS string to send funding to.|
|Address||The mailing address of your group. This must be on-campus and cannot be a dorm or apartment.|
At the end of the application, you will review the below terms and indicate your agreement with them before submission.
Terms & Conditions
By selecting "I Agree" below,
- I attest that all of the information enclosed with this application is correct to the best of my knowledge.
- The organization agrees to include Huntington Bank's logo on all marketing materials as well as forward copies of marketing materials prior to the event to [email protected]
- The organization agrees to complete the event outcomes survey (attendance and how the funds received were used to offset expenses) after the event.
- The organization agrees to comply with all University guidelines for gatherings on campus related to COVID-19 at the time of the event.
- I/we understand that failure to complete any of these steps will render my/our group ineligible for the Huntington Bank Sponsorship the following year.
Huntington Bank and the University of Minnesota do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, sexuality or disability in admission/access to, or treatment/employment in its programs and activities.
Huntington Bank and the University of Minnesota reserve the right to deny sponsorship for any reason such as, but not limited to: nature of event, content, non-campus event, etc.
By selecting "I Agree" below, you are also submitting an IRS Form W-9 on behalf of your organization. You may find an example of the blank form here (link opens in new tab. You DO NOT need to complete this form, it will be completed automatically for you). In filling out this W9 - You certify under penalties of perjury that:
- The number shown on this form is my correct taxpayer identification number (or I am waiting for a number to be issued to me); and
- I am not subject to backup withholding because: (a) I am exempt from backup withholding, or (b) I have not been notified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that I am subject to backup withholding as a result of a failure to report all interest or dividends, or (c) the IRS has notified me that I am no longer subject to backup withholding; and
- I am a U.S. citizen or other U.S. person (defined below); and
- The FATCA code(s) entered on this form (if any) indicating that I am exempt from FATCA reporting is correct.
Definition of a U.S. person. For federal tax purposes, you are considered a U.S. person if you are:
- An individual who is a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien;
- A partnership, corporation, company, or association created or organized in the United States or under the laws of the United States;
- An estate (other than a foreign estate); or
- A domestic trust (as defined in Regulations section 301.7701-7).